On May 1st, 1936 Faculty of Forestry emerged initially
as Forestry School offering a 2- year curriculum under
Royal Forestry Department, Ministry of Agriculture (now
Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives). There were
25 forestry students at the beginning. The 2- year program
was operated until 1939 when the Forestry School was transferred
to Kasetsart College and extended the curriculum to be
a 3 year program under the College of Forestry
On February 2, 1943 the Kasetsart College was conferred
as a university status through amalgamation of the College
of Agriculture and College of Forestry with the two additional
Faculties of Fisheries and Cooperative Sciences. The program
for Bachelor degree in Forestry was then first offered
under a 5-year curriculum.
In 1964 the program was changed to 4 years with 3 undergraduate
study fields namely: General Forestry, Conservation, and
Wood Technology. Since then the curriculum has been updated
several times until recently in year 1999.
The first graduate program for Master of Science in Forestry
was offered in 1967 and Doctorate degree in 1992. The
Faculty of forestry contains an Administrative Service
Unit, Forestry Library, Forest Research Center, and 6
academic Departments namely: Conservation, Silviculture,
Forest Engineering, Forest Management, and Forest Biology.
The Faculty of Forestry at Kasetsart University was the
only one academic institution in Thailand offering higher
education in forestry for Bachelor and Master of Sciences,
and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. Since the beginning
Faculty of Forestry produced 833 diploma graduates, 3,634
undergradates, 445 graduates under M.S. program, and 7
doctorates under Ph. D program.